Ride for free with MITS

Save money on gas and get around town easy!

Between the traffic in Muncie and the high price of gas, traveling can be a real hassle and as a student you need to be able to get to wherever you need to go as soon as possible. So why not take the Muncie Indiana Transit System (MITS)? No need to pay over $4.00 for a gallon of gas, MITS will take you where you need to go and they’ll do it for free. What’s the catch? There is none, all students ride for free.

Where can MITS take you?

MITS uses 14 different routes across Muncie. This means we can take you just about wherever you need to go. Grocery shopping at Walmart, browsing at the Mall, class at Ball State, we’ve got you covered. Our different routes can take you all over Muncie so you can explore the city without draining your gas tank

Download the app!

Using a bus for the first time can be pretty intimidating, especially if you have trouble reading a Bus Route Map. Luckily you live in the digital age and can download the MITSBus app right off the App Store or Google Play. This will allow you to see bus routes, times and track buses across town.

How to get started

First of all, make sure you have a Ball State student ID. Next up use the MITSBus app, routes guide or online map in order to find a bus stop and time. Make sure to get there 5 minutes early in case the bus comes a little earlier than expected. Lastly, enjoy the ride and make sure you pay attention- you don’t want to miss your stop. 

Disabled Services

If you have a disability that impairs your mobility, you can apply for MITSPlus, a door-to-door services that will pick you up in a van and get you where you need to go. Follow the application process here in order to get approved.

MITS works to serve all people in the Muncie community by satisfying the travel-related needs.          

To learn more information, visit our website and give us a call at 765 289-MITS so we can help you plan your next ride.