August 3, 2022, the National Weather Service and the Weather Channel issued a Special Weather Statement for Delaware County, Indiana. August 3, the area is under a Heat Advisory, and from August 3-9, Delaware County is under a Hazardous Weather Outlook.
August 3, maximum heat index values are said to reach between 95 and 105 degrees Fahrenheit during the afternoon. Along with that, there is set to be "ample sunshine" August 3, and highs in actual temperature are said to reach the low 90s with the lows reaching the mid 70s.
According to the statement sent out by the National Weather Service and the Weather Channel, "Limit time outdoors today if possible. If outside this afternoon, drink plenty of water and spend as much time in the shade as possible. Do not leave children or pets inside vehicles."
For August 3-9, there is a Hazardous Weather Outlook, starting with the Heat Advisory, though said Heat Advisory is scheduled to end around 6 p.m. August 3. According to this statement, thunderstorms could start as early as the late evening or early night of August 3, with "damaging winds as the primary threat."
From August 4-9, "isolated to scattered thunderstorms are expected at times" with the threat of localized flash flooding being present. There is a 70% chance of thunderstorms August 4, a 60% chance August 5, a 40% chance August 6, a 60% chance August 8 and a 60% chance August 9.