Three free events July 15 at Brown Planetarium

After their first run of shows July 1, Brown Planetarium is once again offering three different shows July 15, 2022, for free. All three shows run back-to-back-to-back, with the first beginning at 3:30 p.m.

The following is the name and a brief description of each show:

Destination Mars

3:30 p.m. July 15, Brown Planetarium presents Destination Mars. Brown Planetarium's website reads, "Ever wonder what it would be like to fly to Mars? NASA – and others – have their sights set on the Red Planet and they are building the technology to get us there! Explore the work being done around the globe to help make the dream of getting humans to Mars a reality. Fly to and see inside the International Space Station, where astronauts are already living and working in space, and follow the rockets and vehicles that will take humans beyond the Moon and, one day, all the way to Mars! Travel along as we imagine this remarkable journey. Most suitable for ages 8+, all ages are welcome."

Eclipse 2024: The Sun Revealed

5:00 p.m. July 15, Brown Planetarium presents Eclipse 2024: The Sun Revealed. Brown Planetarium's website reads, "Narrated by David Tennant, we explore what exactly astronomers do in this new program. Today’s astronomer is not the lone observer of past centuries. This program reveals the global collaboration, technology, and dedication required to answer the unresolved questions of the Universe and features info on NASA’s recently-launched James Webb Space Telescope. Most suitable for ages 8+, all ages are welcome."

We Are Astronomers

6:30 p.m. July 15, Brown Planetarium presents We Are Astronomers. Brown Planetarium's website reads, "There will be a total eclipse of the Sun visible from Muncie, Indiana in just two years. A total solar eclipse is such a spectacular event, it is never too early to start planning for one. Come learn how solar and lunar eclipses happen, and about scientific discoveries that have been supported by total solar eclipses. This show also uses beautiful visuals to explore the historical and cultural view of eclipses. Most suitable for ages 10+, all ages are welcome."

Brown Planetarium's address is 2111 W. Riverside Ave., Muncie, on the west end of the Cooper Science Complex, however, due to construction on the Cooper Science Complex, select parking and pathway access to Brown Planetarium is currently blocked off. For those planning to attend, plan to arrive early to safely navigate the area and arrive on time for the program.

Entrances to the planetarium are accessible via the north side of the building only, as the pathway between the Cooper Science Complex and Ball Gym is blocked off. Doors normally open approximately 30 minutes before each show time.

For those with questions or in need of more information, visit the Brown Planetarium website.