Severe weather possible late Wednesday evening

Photo Provided by the NewsLink Indiana Weather Team

Tonight: The scattered rain we've been seeing this evening looks to continue into the overnight hours. Rain and scattered storms are possible tonight, with a low of 44 degrees. No severe weather is expected. Winds will be light out of the northeast at 5 MPH.

Tomorrow: A dry day is on tap for Tuesday. Southeasterly winds will help boost temperatures above average into the lower 70s under partly cloudy skies. Enjoy the sunshine and warmth for Tuesday!

Wednesday: Rain and storms will be present throughout the day on Wednesday, however, the best chances for severe weather look to come late in the evening, between 8PM Wednesday to 2AM Thursday. As of right now, the entire viewing area is under a Slight Risk (level 2/5) for severe weather. Areas to the west and southwest, including Indianapolis, are under an Enhanced Risk (level 3/5) for severe weather. The primary threat is damaging wind gusts of 60+ MPH. An isolated tornado or two cannot be ruled out. Stay weather aware in the coming days! Have multiple ways to receive alerts as well, since this threat is likely going to be after sunset. The NewsLink Indiana Weather Team will have more updates in the coming days as the timing, threats, and possibility of severe weather becomes clearer.

7-Day Forecast: After Wednesday's severe weather chances, temperatures will fall to near average levels for the end of the week. The next best chances for rain come on Saturday before temperatures drop into the upper 40s by this time next week. Easter Sunday will be cool and cloudy.

---Chief Weather Forecaster Maddi Johnson

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook @NLIWeather for breaking weather updates. 

NewsLink Indiana is a proud Ambassador for the NOAA Weather-Ready Nation program.  

For more information about the Weather-Ready Nation program please click HERE