North Neighborhood under boil water advisory after water main break

According to an email sent at 1:55 p.m. Feb. 26 by Nick Campanella, residence hall director for Schmidt/Wilson Hall, the North Neighborhood currently has water after having been without it for nearly 12 hours due to a water main break.

However, there is a water boil advisory in effect until further notice, according to the email, meaning students should only drink bottled water or water that has been boiled, and not from any residence hall taps.

A screenshot of an email from Nick Campanella, residence hall director for Schmidt/Wilson Hall, detailing the boil water advisory still in effect for North Neighborhood. North was without water for nearly 12 hours after a water main break occurred early this morning. Hannah Amos, Screenshot Capture

As of an email sent at 7:45 a.m. by Campanella, the North Neighborhood was without water due to a water main break. In that email, Campanella said the North Neighborhood “may not have water for the next 8-12 hours.”

Students in these residence halls were unable to use any showers, toilets, water fountains, sink, laundry machines or anything else that uses water.

All hall desks in the neighborhood have been providing students with bottled water since they opened at 11 a.m., according to that email.

Campanella first sent an email at 3:17 a.m. letting students in the Johnson Complex know to use the public restrooms on the first floor of North Hall instead. However, at 6:22 a.m., Campanella sent another email letting students know the water in North Hall was also out. 

Ball State has not yet responded to a request for comment.

This article will be updated.