David Owsley Museum of Art prepares new exhibits

<p>The David Owsley Museum of Art will open its newest exhibit "Gorey's World" Sept. 27. It features the work of Edward Gorey as well as his personal art collection. &nbsp;<strong>Sara Barker, DN</strong></p>

The David Owsley Museum of Art will open its newest exhibit "Gorey's World" Sept. 27. It features the work of Edward Gorey as well as his personal art collection.  Sara Barker, DN

Editor's note: A previous version of this article misstated the type of exhibit the museum will host in the spring. It has since been corrected.

MUNCIE, Ind.(NewsLink) -- The David Owsley Museum of Art, located at Ball State University by the North Quad Building, is working towards bringing business back. They are doing so, through virtual and in-person events.

The museum offers virtual tours and other virtual events to make sure that people can still experience the museum and bring business back.

There are many ways for people to take tours at the David Owsley Museum. The museum could sponsor a tour with a staff member. There are also self-guided tours where professors can give tours to their students. They also have a program called the smart program where K-12 students can come and tour the museum.

The museum holds over 11,000 works of art from six continents that represent 5,000 years of civilization. The art is from many different cultures, like African, Asian, Oceanic, American, European, and Contemporary and Modern Art.

There are some programs that are going on at the museum that students and adults could come and enjoy and get to learn more things about art. There are two exhibitions that are going in the fall time which are related to African American art. The first one is the African American art from the Kerry and C. Betty Davis collection. The other African American art comes from the David Owsley of Art collection, and they are both open until December 22.

There will be a new exhibition in the spring called "Body Language: The Art of Larry Day" which will open at the end of February and will close at the end of May.

The museum is open Tuesday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. They are also open Saturdays from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

For more information, visit the museum's website.