Foister's hopes to 'Petal It Forward' in their kindness event

Foister's Flowers And Gifts is growing good with their annual 'Petal It Forward' event.

This year marks foister's sixth annual celebration, organized by the Society Of American Florists. On the third Wednesday of every October, Foister's puts together colorful bouquets to be passed on to friends, family, clients, or small businesses for free.

"To have flowers in your home, to be given flowers for no reason, doesn't have to have a reason...it makes a memory,” owner Sharon Grubbs said.

Grubbs says the day puts smiles on many faces, but over the years, Foister's has had a decline in bouquets to give out.

"The first year, we did 1200 bouquets, and this year we're doing 400. Last year, we did the same amount. We try to get as much covered, but we can only spend so much money," Grubbs said.

No matter the circumstance, Foister’s continues to make kindness grow within Muncie and surrounding communities and wants to ensure that they can keep doing so in the future.

"If I could do it, I'd give them all away, but I can't, so this is the best I can do," she said.

Grubbs says that any donations or purchases made at the store are appreciated and will assist future ‘Petal It Forward’ events.

Visit their website at shop.foistersflowers.com.

Contact Grace Bentkowski with any comments or questions at gmbentkowski@bsu.edu.