Fields of Faith Muncie returns for its 13th year

<p>Cee Cee Pointer, a senior at Munice Central High School, stretches her hands out and sits on the stage during a song at the Fields of Faith event Nov.1, 2018, at Worthen Arena. Pointer was lead vocals for the worship team. <strong>Patrick Murphy, DN</strong></p>

Cee Cee Pointer, a senior at Munice Central High School, stretches her hands out and sits on the stage during a song at the Fields of Faith event Nov.1, 2018, at Worthen Arena. Pointer was lead vocals for the worship team. Patrick Murphy, DN

MUNCIE, Ind. (NewsLink) – Since 2009, Fields of Faith Muncie has been the largest local Christian event in East Central Indiana and is returning for its 13th year.

Fields of Faith is a student-led event that has gathered 2000-3200 people from Indiana and Ohio annually, and officials said they expect to see more than 4000 people in attendance for this year’s “Unashamed” theme.

With Fields of Faith Muncie being one of the largest of the over 500 Fields of Faith events provided by the Fellowship of Christian Athletes around the country, East Central Indiana Area Director, Jeff Mosier, said, “every year is unique, [but] one thing that I think will make this group unique than any of the others we’ve had is the worship team from last year’s Fields of Faith, the core of that student group have been leading worship weekly ever since last year’s Fields of Faith together.”

As Fields of Faith approaches, Mosier and his team encouraged the community to get involved and experience what they call, a life-changing event.

Fields of Faith will take place on October 6, at the Muncie Central Football Stadium. The gates will open at 6:00 p.m. and admission is free and open to the public. The music will begin at 6:30, followed by the program starting at 7:00.