First glance of fall

Fall:

It was a very beautiful day today, following a night of showers and thunderstorms last night. We saw cloudy skies for a good majority of the day, but clearing skies later in the afternoon.

It is not quite fall yet, but it felt like it today. We are only 7 days away from the first day of fall, September 22nd. Here are my 3 key ingredients for a colorful fall.

For a colorful fall this year some of the key ingredients include plenty of sunshine during the day, clear evenings, as well as overnight temperatures in the lower 60's and upper 50's.

Tonight: A beautiful example tonight of an evening forecast that is key for a colorful fall. Clear skies tonight with a low of 56. So it is a perfect night to turn of the AC and open up the windows to let the cooler air in.

Tomorrow: Cool start to your day tomorrow 58 and Sunny. It wouldn't be a bad idea to grab a sweatshirt as you head out the door since temperatures will be on the cooler side. By the end of the day, you won't need those sweatshirts thanks to the warmer temperatures.

7-Day Forecast: Its a beautiful next coupe of days, but we are seeing the return of warmer temperatures. Fairly warm weekend but still pleasent. Its a good weekend for some bonefires, maybe a camping trip, or just setting up a hammock on the quad or by Duck Pond. Clouds rolling in early next week allowing for temperatures to drop to the lower 70's and upper 80's. There is a chance for rain on Tuesday, followed by cloudy skies on Wednesday for your first day of fall.

-Weather Forecaster Adam Feick