Showers tonight, thunderstorms for Thursday

Photo Provided by the NewsLink Indiana Weather Team

Tonight: Expect rain showers around midnight, becoming much more scattered by the time we get to Wednesday morning. Accumulation will generally be between one and two tenths of an inch. Temperatures remain mild overnight, dropping only into the mid 50s. Winds will be out of the southeast at 10-15mph.

Tomorrow: A beautiful, spring-like day is in store for tomorrow! Decreasing clouds and southerly winds pave the way for temperatures to climb into in the lower 70s by the afternoon. Besides temperatures, the other big story for tomorrow will be the breezy conditions ahead of our next weather system set to move in on Thursday. Winds will be sustained out of the south southwest at 15-20mph, with the potential for wind gusts up to 40mph, especially in the afternoon.

Thursday: The NewsLink Indiana Weather Team is closely monitoring our next weather system, as there is the possibility for thunderstorms, including some that could be strong to severe, late on Thursday evening. Right now, there is a Marginal Risk (level 1/5) for severe weather, but we will continue to keep you updated throughout the week as this system progresses. There is uncertainty between models on when and how much rain we could see from this system. For now, stay weather aware and up-to-date on weather coverage from NewsLink Indiana.

7-day Forecast: The first week of spring is off to an active start! Don't put away the umbrella just yet, as rain chances are in the forecast for both Friday and Saturday. This weekend looks to be beautiful, with mostly to partly sunny skies and above average temperatures. Heading into next week, dry and sunny conditions continue with temperatures in the mid 50s to lower 60s.

---Assistant Chief Weather Forecaster Maddi Johnson

Follow us on Twitter @NLIWeather for breaking weather updates.

NewsLink Indiana is a proud Ambassador for the NOAA Weather-Ready Nation program. 

For more information about the Weather-Ready Nation program please click HERE