Rain chances and strong winds

Photo Provided by the NewsLink Indiana Weather Team

Today: The fog will move out of the area and we will be left with cloudy skies for the remainder of the day. The cloud cover will keep temperatures on the cooler side. The high will reach 53 degrees by the evening hours. At this time last week, temperatures were almost into the 70s.

Tonight: Clouds will remain as we make our way into tonight. Temperatures will drop to the upper 30s. The low will be 38 degrees and clouds will remain even into tomorrow morning. Winds will stay calm out of the NW at 5 mph.

Tomorrow: As the morning hours approach, temperatures will be in the lower 40s. We will warm up to 61 degrees tomorrow with mostly cloudy skies. Some sunshine may make an appearance throughout the day. Winds will stay calm out of the East at around 5 mph. Winds will start to become stronger as we move into the evening hours, which brings in our next weather system.

7-Day Forecast: Today and most of tomorrow remain dry. Yet when we move into tomorrow night, winds will start to become stronger and rain will begin to enter southern portions of Indiana. Throughout the day Thursday, rain will stay in the viewing area for most of the day. Heavier rainfall will be possible in the afternoon and evening hours. The weekend we will see clear skies with some cloud cover. Temperatures may warm up for the beginning of next week with some sunshine.

-Weather Forecaster Rachel Stinger

Follow us on Twitter @NLIWeather for breaking weather updates. 

NewsLink Indiana is a proud Ambassador for the NOAA Weather-Ready Nation program.  

For more information about the Weather-Ready Nation program please click HERE