Rain chances ahead and cool temperatures

Photo Provided by the Newslink Indiana Weather Team

Today: Skies will make their way out of the area and we will see some sunshine later this afternoon. As the clouds move out of the area, temperatures will continue to rise. We will warm up to 67 degrees here in Muncie and we will see clear skies all day. In the graphic below, we can see that we have not received any precipitation for this month yet. Last year at this time we saw 3/10 of an inch of rain. Today we are 7/10 of an inch below average for the month of March.

Tonight: As we move into the evening, some clouds will linger. Clouds will be partly cloudy and the temperature will drop to 49 degrees. Winds stay calm out of the south, but winds will start to become breezy into early tomorrow. Be sure to carry a jacket out the door with you tonight!

Tomorrow: Winds start to become breezy in the morning hours. Gusts will possibly reach 25-30 mph in some areas. Temperatures will reach the mid 60s tomorrow with mostly cloudy skies.

Photo Provided by the NewsLink Indiana Weather Team

7-Day Forecast: Dry conditions come to an end as we make our way into the end of the week. Thursday showers will be possible and the rain chances will continue throughout the entire day. By Friday, we will have some clearing for the weekend. Temperatures start to drop as the system moves in Thursday. Temperatures will drop but warm back up on Monday for a high of 56 degrees.

-Weather Forecaster Rachel Stinger

Follow us on Twitter @NLIWeather for breaking weather updates.

NewsLink Indiana is a proud Ambassador for the NOAA Weather-Ready Nation program. 

For more information about the Weather-Ready Nation program please click HERE