Breezy conditions and rain expected for Thursday

Photo Provided by the NewsLink Indiana Weather Team

Today: We are under a wind advisory until this evening as gusts will almost get up to 50mph this afternoon. Hold on your umbrellas! Rain is expected to continue all throughout today, with a possible changeover to snow by early Friday morning. Temperatures will remain steady in the lower to mid 40s.

Tonight: Showers will stick around until early Friday morning, totaling rainfall to be around an inch. We could see higher amounts in our northern counties. Winds will still be intense throughout the night and going into Friday, with sustained winds at 20-25mph overnight. Temperatures fall into the upper 20s.

Tomorrow: A cooler day is expected for tomorrow as our high will be in the lower 40s. We will start off the morning with 30 degree weather and see our high of the day in the early evening. Winds will remain strong but start to die down as the day goes on.

7-Day: Sunny skies and warmer temperatures are on the way as we kick off spring this Saturday! Cloudless skies are expected for the weekend with Sunday reaching into the 60s. Temperatures will remain in the 60s for the foreseeable future, with possible rain showers starting on Tuesday.

----Weather Forecaster Vanessa Hintz

Follow us on Twitter @NLIWeather for breaking weather updates.

NewsLink Indiana is a proud Ambassador for the NOAA Weather-Ready Nation program. 

For more information about the Weather-Ready Nation program please click HERE