After commencement ceremonies were canceled for spring, summer and fall 2020 graduates, Ball State President Geoffrey Mearns announced in a campus-wide email Wednesday morning that in-person ceremonies will return for May 2021.
Commencement will be a series of small, outdoor gatherings organized by college to comply with state and local social distancing guidelines, the email said.
The schedule is as follows:
Spring 2021 Graduates — Friday, May 7
- Graduate School, 7 p.m. (Doctoral, Specialist, and Master’s candidates)
Spring 2021 Graduates — Saturday, May 8 (Bachelor’s and Associate candidates)
- R. Wayne Estopinal College of Architecture and Planning, College of Communication, Information, and Media, Teachers College, 8 a.m.
- Miller College of Business, 12 p.m.
- College of Fine Arts and College of Health, 4 p.m.
- College of Sciences and Humanities, 8 p.m.
Class of 2020 Graduates — Saturday, May 15
- Dedicated ceremonies for all May, July and December 2020 graduates. The time and number of ceremonies will be determined at a later date based on the number of registrations received.
All ceremonies will be held at Scheumann Stadium. Mearns said all graduates wishing to participate in commencement must register by March 29, and will receive four complimentary guest tickets.