A Surge of Artic Air

Cold Temperatures and Snow Chances

<p>Snow falls on the rooftops of campus buildings Feb. 8, 2021 from the top of Teachers College. <strong>Rylan Capper, DN</strong></p>

Snow falls on the rooftops of campus buildings Feb. 8, 2021 from the top of Teachers College. Rylan Capper, DN

Tonight: Snow is expected to continue to fall in the area this evening. Temperatures look to drop going into the overnight hours, reaching a low in the mid-teens associated with a NE wind around 10-15mph.

Tomorrow: Wind chill values could be in the single digits causing frigid conditions to be instore. Snow from this evening could linger into tomorrow, but should move out of the area by tomorrow evening. With that, models are showing the high temperature to be in the 20's around 22 degrees.

7-Day: Over the next seven days, a surge of arctic air is forecasted to move into the area creating extremely cold conditions. Overall, high's are estimated to be primarily in the lower 20's and teens, with lows mainly in the single digits. There are also some chances for snow to be possibility at the start of next week.

---Weather Forecaster Morgan Taylor

Follow us on Twitter @NLIWeather for breaking weather updates.

NewsLink Indiana is a proud Ambassador for the NOAA Weather-Ready Nation program. 

For more information about the Weather-Ready Nation program please click HERE