A new bar is set to open amidst COVID-19

The Hitching Post shares a photo to their Facebook page on Sunday, Feb. 21, 2021.

MUNCIE, Ind. (NewsLink) -- Muncie welcomes a new restaurant and bar to the community, after many restaurants have returned to normal operation hours.

The Hitching Post is a Western themed restaurant and bar, owned by Tina Bladen.  Bladen is no stranger in the food services industry or this location is no, as she has found her way back to the pub space 15-years later. 

“When I came in here it just needed help, we just kind of went from there and once I started doing it we just kind of grew,” Blanden said. 

Uprooting the building wasn't Blanden’s only obstacle she had to overcome.

“With COVID it's kind of limited on what you can do, and I want a place that we can come to and everybody can have a good time and have a good meal where they feel safe,” Bladen says. 

The front entrance of the building will provide sanitizer, masks, and signs enforcing social distancing.

Blanden's goal is that the space stands out in the community, by the western themed space, many Nashville inspired decorations, and home cooked meals.

For more information for future hours of operation and menu items, visit Hitching Post’s Facebook page.