Record-breaking warmth

It's not unusual to be in the 70s for November, but the 80s are almost unheard of! In fact, it's been so warm that we've broken temperature records the past two days! The old records, both from 1999, have been surpassed as temperatures reached above 80 degrees both Sunday and Monday.

Tonight: Temperatures will descend into the upper 60s this evening, and then to near 60 by daybreak tomorrow morning. Skies will be mostly clear and winds will be out of the south at 5-10 mph.

Photo Provided by the NewsLink Indiana Weather Team

Tomorrow: Another sunny, dry day is on tap for tomorrow! Cloud cover does increase throughout the day but no precipitation is expected. Temperatures continue to be well above average for this time of year, reaching the mid 70s by the afternoon. Winds will become increasing breezy, gusting out of the south at up to 30mph at times.

7-day: One more day of summer-like warmth is on tap for Tuesday before temperatures settle into a cooler, more fall-like pattern for the rest of the week. Tuesday evening into early Wednesday morning, a cold front will slide through Central Indiana, bringing with it widespread rain chances. After the rain clears out, high pressure takes over for the rest of the week, causing another stretch of dry, sunny weather with near-normal temperatures.

-Assistant Chief Weather Forecaster Maddi Johnson

Follow us on Twitter @NLIWeather for breaking weather updates.

NewsLink Indiana is a proud Ambassador for the NOAA Weather-Ready Nation program. 

For more information about the Weather-Ready Nation program please click HERE