Rainy weekend ahead

Tonight: In Muncie, we saw another day of temperatures that were well above average for this time of year. As we make our way into the evening and overnight hours, temperatures will drop into the lower 40s. Winds will be light out of the southwest, and cloud cover will increase throughout the overnight.

Weekend: This weekend, we will see rain chances and overcast skies on both Saturday and Sunday. A cold front moves through on Saturday, bringing temperatures which remain steady in the 40s throughout the day. Scattered rain showers are possible on Saturday afternoon, with more widespread rain chances occurring overnight into the day on Sunday. Early Sunday morning, mixed precipitation and even snow is possible, especially to the north of Muncie. Areas to the south of Muncie will see just rain. Total rain accumulations for the viewing area are between 1-1.5 inches.

7-day: After the rain departs on early Monday morning, clouds still remain in the viewing area. Temperatures stay in the upper 40s to the lower 50s for the rest of the week, with our next weather system moving in by the middle of next week. On Thanksgiving, we could see some isolated showers, but the day looks to be partly sunny with a high near 50.

-Assistant Chief Weather Forecaster Maddi Johnson

Follow us on Twitter @NLIWeather for breaking weather updates.

NewsLink Indiana is a proud Ambassador for the NOAA Weather-Ready Nation program. 

For more information about the Weather-Ready Nation program please click HERE