Cooler temperatures and rain chances

Today: Temperatures top out in the mid 60s today with winds out of the southwest at 10-15mph. Sunshine will be abundant this afternoon, so get outside and enjoy the nice weather!

Tonight: Temperatures will fall into the lower 40s overnight. Cloud cover will increase throughout the evening and overnight hours, with winds out of the southwest at 5-10mph.

Weekend: A cold front moves through on Saturday, leading to much more seasonable temperatures. Skies will remain overcast, as rain chances come into play during the afternoon. Temperatures will be steady throughout the day, with a high in the upper 40s. Rain will continue throughout the overnight hours into the day on Saturday. At times, we could see some mixed precipitation, especially to the north of Muncie. Estimated rain totals are between 1-1.5 inches for much of the viewing area by the time the rain departs on Sunday evening.

7-day: After the weather system that will impact us over the weekend departs, temperatures remain in the 40s on Monday with partly cloudy skies. Our next weather system moves in by the middle of next week as temperatures stay in the upper 40s to lower 50s.

-Assistant Chief Weather Forecaster Maddi Johnson

Follow us on Twitter @NLIWeather for breaking weather updates.

NewsLink Indiana is a proud Ambassador for the NOAA Weather-Ready Nation program. 

For more information about the Weather-Ready Nation program please click HERE