The Delta Overlook

MUNCIE, Ind. (Muncie) -- The Eagles football season was up in smoke not too long ago, but recently Delta looks to be right on track with a little more to give.

With COVID-19 looking to ruin the 2020-21 football season, Delta was fully prepared to get back to work once they were cleared to play. 

“Before I could even contact the team, the seniors had already had a conversation amongst themselves via zoom and they said hey it’s just a bump in the road we will just have to figure it out,” Head Coach Chris Overholt said. 

The 22 seniors on Delta’s football team stepped up and accepted the leadership role to help the younger guys adjust to the rough times ahead. The goal for the season was to take every day as a gift and to take small steps to build a championship team. 

“For us we feel like we have a championship team. This was a championship kind of win that you need for the postseason and our sectional, so our kids fought hard and had to find another way to win this week.” Coach Overholt said. 

With the Hoosier Heritage Conference slowly, but surely, becoming one of the best conferences in the state of Indiana, it will make it a bumpy road for the Eagles in the years to come. Delta was able to handle whatever has been thrown their way and the Eagles are not afraid to back down from the challenges that come ahead. 

The Eagles won against Greenfield Central 22-16 this past weekend and holding a 5-1 record with just one game left in the regular season. They will play New Palestine (6-1) away Friday, Oct. 16 at 7:30 p.m. 

For any comments or concerns, contact the author jettzweigel@gmail.com .