Stormy night leading to sunshine

Step leaders branch out from cloud to ground lightning strikes, Sunday, Aug. 16, 2020, as an early morning storm rips across the Santa Rosa plain near Healdsburg, Calif. (Kent Porter/The Press Democrat via AP)

Today: Last night a good majority of the area some thunderstorms in multiple rounds throughout the evening. Most of the rain is out of the area but cloudy conditions remain. Its been cloudy the past few days, so expect it to stay that way for the rest of today. Most areas will see cloudy conditions but the sun could poke out here in there for a moment or two for some areas today.

Tonight: Cloudy conditions remain in the area throughout the evening tonight, but will break up as we progress through tomorrow. Low of 54 tonight, not as cold as it has been at other points so far this month, but it is really starting to feel like fall.

Tomorrow: Clouds moving away tomorrow, becoming more clear as the day moves forward. High of 78, getting really close to the record of 83 set back in 1963 but not quite there. As well as tempertures rising throughout the day dont be surprised to see the winds pick up a little bit throughout the day as well.

7-Day: Pleasant conditions otoend the week, but you can expet to see the rainer pattern return friday evening with some thunderstorms, Cloudy saturday but a shower or two can not be rulledout. Come Sunday expect to see another chance for storms and rain begin and last until Tuesday