Warm weekend ahead

Today: Expect plenty of sunshine and warmth this afternoon, as temperatures climb to around 80 degrees. Winds will be light coming from the southeast.

Tonight: Tonight, temperatures will be seasonable with a low in the mid 50s. A few scattered clouds are possible overnight with 5-10mph winds out of the south.

Tomorrow: For this weekend, two beautiful days are on tap! Temperatures will be in the lower 80s with plenty of sunshine. Winds could be gusty at times, especially in the afternoons, with sustained southwesterly winds of 5-15mph and potential gusts of up to 25mph.

7-day: As for the 7-day forecast, it looks to be quite the temperature roller-coaster! Temperatures will hold steady this weekend in the 80s, but to start off the work week, temperatures will struggle to even reach 70 and then continuously drop from there. By the time we get to the middle of the week, high temperatures will be in the mid 50s! Quite a refreshing way to start off October! Much needed rain chances do make an appearance on the 7-day as well! With the arrival of a cold front, we should see widespread rain beginning in the afternoon on Monday through early Tuesday. A few scattered showers could linger into Wednesday and Thursday as that weather system exits the viewing area.

-Weather Forecaster Maddi Johnson

Follow us on Twitter @NLIWeather for breaking weather updates.

NewsLink Indiana is a proud Ambassador for the NOAA Weather-Ready Nation program. 

For more information about the Weather-Ready Nation program please click HERE