Visiting Ball State during the pandemic

<p>On campus visitors are recommended to social distance and utilize outdoor spaces. Those who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms are asked to not enter the campus grounds. <strong>Rachel Ellis, DN File</strong></p>

On campus visitors are recommended to social distance and utilize outdoor spaces. Those who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms are asked to not enter the campus grounds. Rachel Ellis, DN File

As part of its planned reopening of services for the fall 2020 semester, Ball State released its plan for people visiting the university’s campus during the pandemic.

For members of the general public visiting Ball State’s campus, the university recommends utilizing its outdoor spaces while maintaining appropriate physical distancing of 6 feet or more from others while on campus, according to Ball State’s website.

Visitors are also expected to properly wear face masks that cover the nose and mouth when entering any campus building and in outdoor settings where proper physical distancing is not possible. 

To maintain a safe and healthy environment for Ball State community members and its visitors, the website also recommends visitors to wash hands often, avoid crowded places and mass gatherings, avoid hugs and handshakes, cover coughs and sneezes and avoid those who appear to show signs of COVID-19.

Visitors who experience symptoms of COVID-19 are asked not to attend events or enter campus buildings and grounds, according to the website. More information about events, scheduled campus tours and other visiting information can be found on Ball State’s website.