Indiana governor extends prevention of of evictions, foreclosures and utility disconnections

<p>Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb signed an executive order June 30, 2020, extending the prevention of of evictions, foreclosures and utility disconnections. The executive order extended this date to July 31, 2020. <strong>(AP Photo/Tom Davies)</strong></p>

Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb signed an executive order June 30, 2020, extending the prevention of of evictions, foreclosures and utility disconnections. The executive order extended this date to July 31, 2020. (AP Photo/Tom Davies)

Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb signed an executive order today preventing evictions and foreclosures until July 31, according to a press release from the governor’s office.

Executive Order 20-33 extends the original prohibition of evictions from rental properties and the prohibition on filing foreclosures, the press release states. 

The executive order will also affect utility companies regulated by the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission and those that are not regulated — meaning all utility companies are prohibited to disconnect service and must extend their services through Aug. 14.

The order also extends the temporary licensing of certain healthcare professionals for an additional 30 days, the press release states.

Those Hoosiers who are struggling to pay rent may be eligible for rental assistance. The press release states applications for this assistance will be accepted beginning July 13.