All Indiana teachers recognized as 2021 Teacher of the Year

<p>The Indiana Department of Education (IDOE) recognized all Indiana teachers collectively as the 2021 Teacher of the Year. Traditionally, one educator each year is recognized. <strong>Unsplash, Photo Courtesy</strong></p>

The Indiana Department of Education (IDOE) recognized all Indiana teachers collectively as the 2021 Teacher of the Year. Traditionally, one educator each year is recognized. Unsplash, Photo Courtesy

The Indiana Department of Education (IDOE) recognized all Indiana teachers collectively as the 2021 Teacher of the Year, according to a press release from the department.

“The COVID-19 pandemic brought new complexities and challenges to schools with no advance warning,” said Jennifer McCormick, state superintendent of public instruction, in the press release. “Teachers across our state have displayed a level of flexibility and commitment, underscoring the fact Hoosiers really are #INthisTogether.”

For more than 60 years, it states IDOE has conducted the Teacher of the Year program to recognize outstanding classroom teachers from across the state. Traditionally, one educator each year is recognized for the title.

While the traditional process will resume with the 2022 selection, the press release states IDOE is proud to recognize all dedicated educators serving Indiana’s 1.2 million students during the COVID-19 pandemic.