Ball State mourns death of marketing professor

<p>George Gannage, assistant teaching professor of marketing and assistant director of the Center for Professional Selling in the Miller College of Business, died April 6, 2020, in Bloomington, Indiana, after suffering from a severe respiratory virus. Gannage joined Ball State's marketing faculty in August 2017. <strong>Ball State University, Photo Courtesy</strong></p>

George Gannage, assistant teaching professor of marketing and assistant director of the Center for Professional Selling in the Miller College of Business, died April 6, 2020, in Bloomington, Indiana, after suffering from a severe respiratory virus. Gannage joined Ball State's marketing faculty in August 2017. Ball State University, Photo Courtesy

George Gannage, assistant teaching professor of marketing and assistant director of the Center for Professional Selling in the Miller College of Business, died Monday morning in Bloomington, Indiana, after suffering from a severe respiratory virus, according to an email sent out by Susana Rivera-Mills, provost and executive vice president at Ball State.

Gannage joined the Ball State marketing faculty in August 2017 after previously teaching at Kennesaw State University, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University and University of Maryland, the email states. His teaching specialties included consumer behavior and professional selling.

Since joining the Ball State faculty, it states he served as adviser to the Ball State collegiate chapter of the American Marketing Association and Pi Sigma Epsilon sales and marketing Fraternity.

As assistant director of the Center for Professional Selling, Rivera-Mills said Gannage "worked tirelessly successfully coaching many of the Center’s sales teams who won numerous awards in national student sales competitions under his mentorship."

"George will be remembered for his collegiality, sense of humor, quick wit, and sartorial expertise. He was admired and respected by both his students and faculty colleagues and will be sorely missed," she said. "Our thoughts and prayers are with his loved ones."

Gannage is survived by his daughter Chelsea in Chicago, his son Sawyer in Atlanta, and his sister Denise Johnson in Newman, Georgia.