Neal signed to Broncos

MUNCIE, Ind. (NewsLink) - Former Yorktown and Ball State Quarterback Riley Neal has been signed by the Denver Broncos as an undrafted free agent.

Neal spent four years as a Ball State Cardinal before transferring to Vanderbilt for his final season as a college football quarterback.

While attending Ball State, Neal won the Academic All-Mid-American Conference award in 2016 and 2018. Along with those two awards, he also took home the John Hodge most valuable freshman award in 2015.

Over the course of his career as a Cardinal, Neal played 34 games and started 32 of them. Neal threw for over 7,350 yards and completed 731 of his 1,219 pass attempts while throwing 25 interceptions. Neal also ended his career as a Ball State Cardinal with 61 total touchdowns, 46 of them being through the air.

In Neal’s last season as a college athlete at Vanderbilt, Neal started in 10 of the 11 games he played. Neal completed 149 of his 258 passes, while throwing 1,585 passing yards with nine touchdowns.

Neal also holds the record for most passing yards at Yorktown High School with 7,285 yards. As a senior, Neal put up 2,900 passing yards and 29 touchdowns and rushed for 1,351 yards. In 2014, he won the Indiana Football Coaches Association All-State Award, the Associated Press All-State Award, and the USA All-Indiana Team.

For any comments or concerns about this article, contact the author at nrsmith@bsu.edu.