As of April 4, the Delaware County Health Department (DCHD) has reported a total of 37 individuals within the county testing positive for SAR-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 infection.

The most recently confirmed four cases include a male over the age of 30 and three females — one over 30 and two over 70, according to a DCHD press release.

Delaware County has had two deaths thus far due to COVID-19, according to the county's coronavirus hub. The county had its first case March 19 and its first death due to the virus March 21.

In Indiana, as of April 3, there have been 127 deaths and 4,411 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 according to the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH). A total of 22,652 tests have been reported to ISDH as of that date.

As of April 5, with more than 8,500 deaths and 312,000 positive cases of COVID-19, the United States has the largest number of confirmed positive cases in the world according to the Centers for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University. Globally, there have been more than 66,000 deaths and 1.22 million positive cases.

This story will be updated.

11 a.m., April 4

As of April 2, the Delaware County Health Department (DCHD) has reported a total of 33 individuals within the county testing positive for SAR-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 infection.

The most recently confirmed eight cases include four males — one over the age of 40, one over 50 and two over 60 — and four females — one over the age of 20, two over 30 and one over 70, according to a press release from the Delaware County Health Department.

In Indiana, as of April 3, there have been 116 deaths and 3,953 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 according to the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH). A total of 19,800 tests have been reported to ISDH as of that date.

As of April 4, with more than 7,100 deaths and 278,000 positive cases of COVID-19, the United States has the largest number of confirmed positive cases in the world according to the Centers for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University. Globally, there have been more than 60,000 deaths and 1.14 million positive cases.

11 p.m., April 3

The Delaware County Coroner's Office has confirmed a possible second death due to COVID-19.

In an April 2 press release, the county coroner states its office has been investigating a death related to a novel coronavirus positive test.

While test results are normally expected seven to 10 days postmortem when a person is suspected of having had the virus, the press release states. In this case, the virus wasn't initially suspected and was at very onset of the pandemic locally.

With multiple preexisting factors, it states the patient's primary care physician reported the patient's death as "initially unremarkable."

Once the deceased was released to the mortuary and prepared for final arrangements, the deceased's companion tested positive for the virus.

After consultation with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the postmortem test was unable to to be conducted for a laboratory confirmation on the deceased, it states.

The coroner's office determined that the coronavirus was a contributing factor in the person's death by a positive result of the person's wife within days of his death.

Delaware County had its first death due to the virus March 21. That patient was was identified as an elderly female, who was admitted to the hospital from her home and died while being treated at Indiana University Health Ball Memorial Hospital.

The press release states, this is the confirmation that the virus was present in the home of the deceased person at the time of his death.

Additionally, as of April 3, the Delaware County Health Department (DCHD) has reported a total of 33 individuals within the county testing positive for SAR-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 infection.

In Indiana, as of April 3, there have been 102 deaths and 3,437 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 according to the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH). A total of 17,835 tests have been reported to ISDH as of that date.

As of April 3, with more than 7,100 deaths and 277,000 positive cases of COVID-19, the United States has the largest number of confirmed positive cases in the world according to the Centers for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University. Globally, there have been more than 58,000 deaths and 1,099,000 positive cases.

11 a.m., April 3

As of April 2, the Delaware County Health Department (DCHD) has reported a total of 25 individuals within the county testing positive for SAR-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 infection.

The one additional case confirmed Thursday is a male over the age of 50 who is isolated at home, according to Delaware County's emergency management agency.

As of April 3, with more than 6,000 deaths and 245,000 positive cases of COVID-19, the United States has the largest number of confirmed positive cases in the world according to the Centers for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University. Globally, there have been more than 55,000 deaths and a million positive cases.

7:30 p.m., April 2

In Indiana, as of April 2, there have been 78 deaths and 3,039 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 according to the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH). A total of 16,285 tests have been reported to ISDH as of that date.

As of April 2, with more than 5,800 deaths and 242,000 positive cases of COVID-19, the United States has the largest number of confirmed positive cases in the world according to the Centers for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University. Globally, there have been more than 52,000 deaths and a million positive cases.

10:30 a.m., April 2

As of April 1, the Delaware County Health Department (DCHD) has reported a total of 24 individuals within the county testing positive for SAR-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 infection.

"The numbers are growing quickly with more positive cases being identified each day," said John Coutinho, Delaware County's emergency management deputy director in a video statement.

Coutinho said there's still a lot of unnecessary traffic in the community and urged residents if they don't need to go out for food or medical treatment, they need to stay home.

"The virus doesn't move. People move it," he said. "We stop moving and the virus stops moving. It dies. It's that simple."

As of April 2, with more than 5,100 deaths and 216,000 positive cases of COVID-19, the United States has the largest number of confirmed positive cases in the world according to the Centers for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University. Globally, there have been more than 49,000 deaths and 962,000 positive cases.

8 p.m., April 1

In Indiana, as of April 1, there have been 65 deaths and 2,565 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 according to the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH). A total of 14,375 tests have been reported to ISDH as of that date.

As of April 1, with more than 4,100 deaths and 213,000 positive cases of COVID-19, the United States has the largest number of confirmed positive cases in the world according to the Centers for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University. Globally, there have been more than 46,000 deaths and 932,000 positive cases.

11:30 a.m., April 1

As of March 31, the Delaware County Health Department (DCHD) has reported a total of 19 individuals within the county testing positive for SAR-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 infection.

The three confirmed cases Tuesday include two females over the age of 20 and 50, and a male over the age of 40, according to DCHD.

As of April 1, with more than 4,100 deaths and 190,000 positive cases of COVID-19, the United States has the largest number of confirmed positive cases in the world according to the Centers for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University. Globally, there have been more than 44,000 deaths and 885,000 positive cases.

1:30 p.m., March 31

As of Tuesday, the Delaware County Health Department (DCHD) has reported a total of 19 individuals within the county testing positive for SAR-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 infection.

In Indiana, as of March 31, there have been 49 deaths and 2,159 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 according to the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH). A total of 13,373 tests have been reported to ISDH as of that date.

As of March 31, with more than 3,400 deaths and 175,000 positive cases of COVID-19, the United States has the largest number of confirmed positive cases in the world according to the Centers for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University. Globally, there have been more than 40,000 deaths and 823,000 positive cases.

10:30 a.m., March 31

As of March 30, the Delaware County Health Department (DCHD) has reported a total of 16 individuals within the county testing positive for SAR-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 infection.

The three confirmed cases Monday include two males over age 20 and over age 70, and a female over age 50, according to DCHD.

“We are again seeing a range of ages among our confirmed patients, which we believe will be the norm going forward," said Jammie Bane, DCHD administrator. "We have not yet hit the peak on this pandemic.”

As of March 31, with more than 3,100 deaths and 164,000 positive cases of COVID-19, the United States has the largest number of confirmed positive cases in the world according to the Centers for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University. Globally, there have been more than 39,000 deaths and 803,000 positive cases.

12:30 p.m., March 30

As of Monday, the Delaware County Health Department (DCHD) has reported a total of 16 individuals within the county testing positive for SAR-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 infection.

In Indiana, as of March 30, there have been 35 deaths and 1,786 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 according to the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH). A total of 11,658 tests have been reported to ISDH as of that date.

As of March 30, with more than 2,500 deaths and 144,000 positive cases of COVID-19, the United States has the largest number of confirmed positive cases in the world according to the Centers for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University. Globally, there have been more than 35,000 deaths and 745,000 positive cases.

10:15 a.m., March 30

As of March 29, the Delaware County Health Department (DCHD) has reported a total of 13 individuals within the county testing positive for SAR-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 infection.

The one patient identified Sunday is a male over the age of 20, according to DCHD's press release.

“As expected, our confirmed cases are rising quickly in Indiana; with Indianapolis having been recently identified as an 'emerging hot spot' for COVID-19 spread," said Jammie Bane, DCHD's administrator, in the press release. "The information we’re seeing on the confirmed cases show that this is definitely not a virus that is targeting only the elderly as many have been led to believe.”

As of March 30, with more than 2,500 deaths and 143,000 positive cases of COVID-19, the United States has the largest number of confirmed positive cases in the world according to the Centers for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University. Globally, there have been more than 35,000 deaths and 740,000 positive cases.

1 p.m., March 29

As of Sunday, the Delaware County Health Department (DCHD) has reported a total of 13 individuals within the county testing positive for SAR-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 infection.

In Indiana, as of March 29, there have been 32 deaths and 1,514 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 according to the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH). A total of 9,830 tests have been reported to ISDH as of that date.

As of March 29, with more than 2,100 deaths and 125,000 positive cases of COVID-19, the United States has the largest number of confirmed positive cases in the world according to the Centers for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University. Globally, there have been more than 32,000 deaths and 685,000 positive cases.

10:30 a.m., March 29

As of March 28, the Delaware County Health Department (DCHD) has reported a total of 12 individuals within the county testing positive for SAR-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 infection.

The three patients identified Saturday include a female over the age of 30 and two males over the age of 50, according to DCHD's press release.

As of March 29, with more than 2,100 deaths and 124,000 positive cases of COVID-19, the United States has the largest number of confirmed positive cases in the world according to the Centers for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University. Globally, there have been more than 32,000 deaths and 684,000 positive cases.

11 a.m., March 28

As of March 27, the Delaware County Health Department (DCHD) has reported a total of nine individuals within the county testing positive for SAR-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 infection.

The two patients identified Friday include two females over the age of 60 who are hospitalized and under medical care, according to DCHD's press release.

In Indiana, as of March 28, there have been 31 deaths and 1,232 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 according to the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH). A total of 8,407 tests have been reported to ISDH as of that date.

As of March 28, with more than 1,700 deaths and 105,000 positive cases of COVID-19, the United States has the largest number of confirmed positive cases in the world according to the Centers for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University. Globally, there have been more than 28,000 deaths and 621,000 positive cases.

2 p.m., March 27

As of early Friday, the Delaware County Health Department (DCHD) has reported a total of nine individuals within the county testing positive for SAR-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 infection.

In Indiana, as of March 27, there have been 24 deaths and 981 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 according to the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH). A total of 6,936 tests have been reported to ISDH as of that date.

As of March 27, with more than 1,300 deaths and 86,000 positive cases of COVID-19, the United States has the largest number of confirmed positive cases in the world according to the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University. Globally, there have been more than 25,000 deaths and 558,000 positive cases.

6:20 p.m., March 26

As of March 24, the Delaware County Health Department (DCHD) has reported a total of seven individuals within the county testing positive for SAR-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 infection.

The three patients identified Tuesday include one female over the age of 60 and two males over the age of 50, according to DCHD's press release.

In Indiana, as of March 26, there have been 17 deaths and 645 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 according to the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH). A total of 4,651 tests have been reported to ISDH as of that date.

As of March 26, with more than 1,000 deaths and 82,000 positive cases of COVID-19, the United States has the largest number of confirmed positive cases in the world according to the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University. Globally, there have been more than 23,000 deaths and 526,000 positive cases.

10:30 a.m., March 25

In Indiana, as of March 25, there have been 14 deaths and 477 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 according to the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH). A total of 3,356 tests have been reported to ISDH as of that date.

As of March 25, the United States had more than 800 deaths and 55,000 positive cases of COVID-19 according to the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University. Globally, there have been more than 19,000 deaths and 438,000 positive cases.

12 p.m., March 24

As of Tuesday, the Delaware County Health Department (DCHD) has reported a total of seven individuals within the county testing positive for SAR-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 infection.

In Indiana, as of March 24, there have been 12 deaths and 365 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 according to the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH). A total of 2,931 tests have been reported to ISDH as of that date.

As of March 24, the United States has had more than 500 deaths and 46,000 positive cases of COVID-19 according to the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University. Globally, there have been more than 17,000 deaths and 398,000 positive cases.

9:45 p.m., March 23

As of late Monday, the Delaware County Health Department (DCHD) has reported a total of four individuals within the county testing positive for SAR-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 infection.

The fourth patient is a female over the age of 40, according to DCHD's press release.

In Indiana, as of March 23, there have been seven deaths and 259 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 according to the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH). A total of 1,960 tests have been reported to ISDH as of that date.

As of March 23, the United States has had more than 500 deaths and 43,000 positive cases of COVID-19 according to the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University. Globally, there have been more than 16,000 deaths and 378,000 positive cases.

10:15 p.m., March 22

As of late Sunday, the Delaware County Health Department (DCHD) has reported a total of three individuals within the county testing positive for SAR-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 infection.

The third patient is a female over the age of 60, according to DCHD's press release.

In Indiana, as of March 22, there have been six deaths and 201 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 according to the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH). A total of 1,494 tests have been reported to ISDH as of that date.

As of March 22, the United States had more than 400 deaths and 33,000 positive cases of COVID-19 according to the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University. Globally, there have been more than 14,000 deaths and 335,000 positive cases.

3 p.m., March 21

Delaware County has first death due to COVID-19

In a press release, the Delaware County Health Department (DCHD) confirmed the first death due to SAR-CoV-2, the virus that causes the COVID-19 infection.

A second positive test was confirmed Saturday and that individual died while being treated at Indiana University (IU) Health Ball Memorial Hospital.

On Friday, DCHD confirmed the county's first individual tested positive for the SAR-CoV-2, the release stated.

The patient was identified as an elderly female, who was admitted to the hospital from her home, the release stated. Delaware County Coroner Richard Howell will be withholding further information until notifying the family.

According to Indiana State Department of Health's website, there have been 126 positive cases of COVID-19 in the state, with a total of three deaths, prior to death in Delaware County.

4:18 p.m., March 20

Delaware County Health Department reports county's first case of COVID-19

The Delaware County Health Department (DCHD) reported late Friday that an individual within the county has tested positive through lab testing for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 infection, according to a (DCHD) press release.

The patient is self-isolating at home, the press release states, and will be monitored as necessary by the DCHD. 

The department is working closely with the local and state officials to ensure that contacts of the patient are identified and that all infection control protocols are being followed, it states.

This comes after the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) reported earlier Friday about a rise of total cases in the state from 56 case to 79 total cases. All but one of the cases are adults.

ISDH officials also announced a third death due to COVID-19 late Friday. Its press release states the patient was a resident of Marion County, more than 60 years old, who had been hospitalized.

The Delaware County case is believed to be in addition to the Indiana's statewide total, DCHD's press release states.