Give Blood to Give Time

The next American Red Cross blood drive will be on Tuesday, March 17 from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. at Puris Hall

During the month of March, the American Red Cross is partnering with the American Cancer Society for #RedCrossMonth! Our goal is to help the 1.8 million people that will be diagnosed with cancer in 2020.

What many people do not know is that cancer patients use nearly 1/4 of the blood supply – more than patients fighting any other disease – but only 3% of Americans donate blood in a given year.

Here are some other facts about cancer and its connections to blood donations:

1 in 3 people in the U.S. are diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime

Three people are diagnosed with cancer every minute

Many cancer patients require blood transfusions

()

Patients fighting cancer use more blood than patients fighting any other disease. And, there simply aren’t enough people donating regularly to meet the need. 

These reasons are why the American Red Cross and the American Cancer Society are teaming up this month and encouraging people across the country to Give Blood to Give Time! One way that you can help give blood to give Time is to donate at the next blood drive at Ball State.

Our next blood drive will be on Tuesday, March 17, from 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. at Puris Hall. Delta Sigma Pi is sponsoring this month’s blood drive. Walk-ins are always welcome, or you can go to redcrossblood.org, use sponsor code “ballstate” to schedule your blood donation appointment today. When you donate, you will receive a coupon for one pint of Culver’s frozen custard (while supplies last). We hope to see you there, giving blood!