How Much Do You Really Know About Blood?

The next American Red Cross blood drive will be on Monday, Feb. 17 from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. at Puris Hall

Did you know that less than 38 percent of the population is eligible to give blood or platelets? We strive to bring in donors who are a part of this small percentage who are eligible at the American Red Cross to help save the lives of those people needing blood every two seconds in the U.S. 

There’s a lot of things that we as humans don’t know about blood – even though it makes up around seven percent of the weight in our bodies. Do you think you could pass a test all about blood and its donors? Let’s test your knowledge.

At American Red Cross, we know the facts to help ensure the well-being of others who are in need of this vital component of the human body. Scared to give blood? Just think of these facts next time and how donating blood can be a huge contribution to someone’s life. 

The next blood drive will be on Monday, February 17 between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. at Puris Hall and will be sponsored by Chi Omega. Walk-ins are always welcome, or you can go to redcrossblood.org, use sponsor code “ballstate” to schedule your blood donation appointment. When you donate, you will receive a HumanKind t-shirt (while supplies last). We hope to see you there giving blood!