Ball State adds new Writing Center location at Bracken Library

<p>Ball State opened a second location for its Writing Center at Bracken Library. The new location on first floor west in Bracken Library will operate during evenings and weekends — from 6-10 p.m. Sunday to Thursday and 1-5 p.m. Saturday. <strong>Rachel Ellis, DN</strong></p>

Ball State opened a second location for its Writing Center at Bracken Library. The new location on first floor west in Bracken Library will operate during evenings and weekends — from 6-10 p.m. Sunday to Thursday and 1-5 p.m. Saturday. Rachel Ellis, DN

A second Writing Center location has been opened at Ball State's Bracken Library, according to a campus-wide email sent Friday morning.

The Writing Center is where the university's students, faculty, and staff are offered writing support through feedback sessions, workshops, presentations, writing communities, studio space, and online resources for writers, according to the center's website.

The new location on first floor west in Bracken Library will operate during evenings and weekends — 6-10 p.m. Sunday to Thursday and 1-5 p.m. Saturday, the email stated.

The center's main location in Robert Bell Building room 295 will be open for weekday appointments — 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday to Thursday and 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Friday.

According to the email, students typically use Writing Center appointments to get feedback on a draft, for revision suggestions or to plan out a writing project.

Students can meet with a tutor in person or online for conversational and collaborative sessions that start on the hour and last up to 50 minutes. Students can have up to two appointments a week, but only one per day, the email stated.

It stated that students make repeating appointments with the same tutor at the same day and time each week when they are working on longer writing projects like a thesis or dissertation, or are taking a writing-intensive class.

Appointments for either location can be made on the Writing Center's website.