Beautiful weather stretch continues with rain to return

Photo courtesy of the NewsLink Indiana weather team.

Tonight: All of our viewing area will be under a Frost Advisory from 2 AM to 8 AM tomorrow morning. Make sure to cover up your vegetation before you head in for the night. We will drop to a low of around 36° with mostly clear skies. Winds will die down a little bit as well.

Tomorrow: We will have a beautiful end to the work week with high temperatures reaching near 60° with mainly clear skies! The Bed Races on Ball State's campus will begin at Noon, and temperatures will be in the mid-50's. Be sure to get out there and enjoy a comfortable day.

Ball State Homecoming Weekend: This weekend for Ball State's Homecoming is looking to be excellent. On Saturday, we have the Chase Charlie 5K kicking off at 8:45 AM, and it will be in the mid-40's with light south-southeasterly winds. If you are participating in the race and/or watching the parade, be sure to have a warm layer as it will be slightly chilly. By the time we get to the football game versus Toledo at 2 PM, temperatures will be in the mid-60's. There may be a spotty shower Saturday night, but it will stay rain free this entire weekend other than that. Sunday will see our temperatures return into the 70's with mostly clear skies.

7-Day Forecast: Our next best chance for rain looks to arrive on Monday as a strong cold front looks to sweep by. There could be a strong thunderstorm or two as well. The timing of these showers and storms looks to be in the afternoon hours as of now. After this system passes through, our temperatures will drop back around the 60° mark. There may be some isolated showers early Tuesday as the backside of the system moves on by. We will return to being dry by next Wednesday.