Ball State Alumnus gives speech to students about "greatness"

Don Yaeger, a Sports Illustrated associate director and Ball State alumnus, visited Ball State Monday, Oct. 21. Yaeger visited in order to give a lecture to athletes and students on leadership and greatness.

MUNCIE, Ind (NewsLink) — On Monday, October 21, a famous alumnus returned to Ball State. Traveling all the way from Tallahassee, Fla., Don Yaeger returned to Muncie to give a talk on what it means to have “greatness.” 

Yaeger also spoke about leadership. Over 600 students and athletes packed Pruis Hall to listen and see Yaeger.

Yaeger graduated from Ball State in 1984. Since then, he has become a Sports Illustrated Associate Director. Throughout his twenty-three years with Sports Illustrated, Yaeger has had many opportunities to meet famous athletes and leaders. 

From Michael Jordan to the President of the United States, Yaeger has met many interesting people throughout his career. 

Yaeger took his experiences and wrote many books about them. In fact, Yaeger is currently an 11-time New York Times best-selling author. 

Throughout his speech, Yaeger encouraged students to strive towards their goals and help others achieve greatness.

For questions or comments about this story, contact the author at lgsalzbrenne@bsu.edu.