Sight and Sound relocation and renovation

MUNCIE, Ind.(NewsLink) - The Sight and Sound Music Center has been Muncie’s go to music store for 25 years. 

It originally opened in 1993 on 900 W. McGalliard Rd near Chili’s.

The business was opened by a former Ball State student named Jason Struble. 

Struble said that the original store was about 2,000 square feet, but now his new store reaches 11,500 square feet, which is more than five times the size of the original.

He and his team now use the extra space to display more instruments, have more production, and even provide music lessons.

Struble hopes that the new location will help his business grow.

“We want to broaden our customer base and make this place a destination. We’ve added a lot of brands, a lot of very big brands, and made a lot big investments,” Struble said.

Struble has also his sights set high for the future of his store.

“I spent a lot of time thinking about it and I don’t really see any negatives. I know there may be some people who may think that our location might be the same but I have seen people come in and I have seen the look on their face when the see that we’ve got a massive amount of guitars compared to what we had originally."

Operations Manager Chris Loveless believes that Sight and Sound will offer the best deals for musical purchases.

“One of the things we want to get across to people is the stores back, the owners of the store are in the house and we will match or beat any deal that’s out there right now. We’re not gonna lose a customer over a couple of dollars here and there," said Loveless.

Struble and his team hope to have a grand re-opening and other events toward the end of October or beginning of November.

The new address of Sight and Sound Music Center is 4341 W. Williamsburg Blvd.

For any comments or concerns about this story, contact the author at jariley@bsu.edu.