Puerto Vallarta on N. Broadway set to move locations

MUNCIE, Ind.(NewsLink) - The Puerto Vallarta located on N. Broadway Ave. is moving across the street by the summer of 2020 to have a larger restaurant.

The Escamillas family has been running Mexican restaurants for years. They have locations in Georgia, Kentucky, and right here in Indiana. Their most popular restaurant, Puerto Vallarta, has three different locations in the Muncie area.

Manager of the Broadway Ave. Puerto Vallarta, Emanuel Escamilla, stated that they, “decided to move because there were busy periods where we needed more space in the building.”

The Escamillas noticed that practically every weekend they were at capacity. On top of that, the customers that were dining, barely had anywhere to park their cars. 

The building across the street was for sale and offered 60 more seats than the previous restaurant, with more parking spaces as well.

Escamilla announced, “It’s going to have a different look. I think we’re trying to go into more of a colonial era with the architecture. If you look at it now, you can see there’s going to be a kind of hacienda, tall structure, to it. We’re going for an 1850s look.” 

The new location will also offer the largest sit-down bar out of the three locations. The restaurant’s goal is to finish moving in by the summer of 2020. Their new address will be 3901 N. Broadway Ave., Muncie, Ind. 

For any comments or concerns about this story, contact the author at mmsurface@bsu.edu.