Improve Humanity with Honor with Phi Sigma Pi

Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity is a gender and major inclusive organization searching for students on Ball State’s campus.

Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity is a gender and major inclusive organization searching for students on Ball State’s campus to act boldly and Improve Humanity with Honor. That means we are bringing together diverse students in any major to make a positive impact on the world around them. Improving Humanity with Honor can mean raising thousands of dollars, volunteering for hundreds of hours, or simply opening the door for someone in need. Through the experience of being a founding member students will participate in life changing leadership skill development, create a vast network of relationships, and establish a lasting legacy on the Ball State campus. Members are able to take advantage of a number of benefits:

Scholarships

We offer two scholarships every year: the Richard Cecil Todd & Clauda Pennock Todd Tripod Scholarship and the Rolla F. Wood Graduate Scholarship.

● Leadership in Action

Leadership in Action (LiA) is Phi Sigma Pi's award-winning certification program. Develop your leadership, professional and personal skills with interactive Modules and Lunch & Learn Webinars.

● National Convention

Our Annual National Convention consists of the Grand Chapter Meeting, Banquet & Awards Presentation as well as Leadership in Action and fellowship programming. The 2020 National Convention is taking place in from July 22-26, 2020 in Washington, D.C.

CORE

CORE is Phi Sigma Pi's new online Member community platform! CORE was developed to connect all Members, Collegiate and Alumni, and provide a place to network, discover resources and participate in thoughtful discussions. The CORE experience is driven by our Members. Members can update their profile, join community discussions and network with Alumni in their professional field.

Fellowship

You'll meet and become friends and Brothers with people you would have never had the opportunity to meet without Phi Sigma Pi. Many of our Members become friends for life. They'll be the ones you invite to go with you on vacation, they'll be there to cheer you on as you graduate with your Master's degree or finish a marathon, the groomsmen and bridesmaids at your wedding and the "aunts" and "uncles" to your future children. When we say "Brotherhood is for Life," we mean it.

Mission

Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity is a gender-inclusive organization dedicated to: promoting lifelong learning, inspiring Members to lead, and cultivating lasting fraternal bonds, while always conducting our lives with honor. We consecrate ourselves to a life of social service with the goal of improving humanity through our principles: Scholarship, Leadership, and Fellowship.

Tripod

Phi Sigma Pi is built on a Tripod of three ideals: Scholarship, Leadership and Fellowship which supports the ultimate goal of social service. This Tripod provides direction in our organization, our programming and in our actions as Members. Combined, the Tripod guides our Members to be successful contributing citizens while on campus and into their professional careers.

Scholarship: As an honor organization, we expect our Members to maintain good academic standing. Academic standing, however, is just a small part of the scholarship ideal. Scholarship in our organization expands outside the classroom and is a part of a larger “always learning” philosophy. Our Chapters hold scholarship events and can attend National events that encourage the spirit of lifelong learning.

Leadership: Phi Sigma Pi provides the opportunity for students to gain core leadership skills to strengthen oneself; but then, just as importantly, how they apply that skill to pay it forward. The nationally award-winning Leadership in Action is a personal/professional leadership training and certification program that provides Members with the skills to inspire a positive change in all facets of the Fraternity and within their communities. This certification program opportunity goes beyond the traditional organization leadership roles by exploring communication skills for emerging leaders and team management.

Fellowship: Phi Sigma Pi develops a culture of fellowship within the organization. In addition to a fraternal culture that develops friendships, it also fosters a sense of teamwork and camaraderie that allows for the local Chapter to plan successful events and activities. In Phi Sigma Pi, you’re a Member for life. Fellowship provides the passion and stability to fully remain involved with Phi Sigma Pi long after you cross the graduation stage.

History Timeline

● February 14, 1916 - Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity founded at the University of Central Missouri

● 1945 - The first woman is inducted as an honorary brother

● October, 1977 - At the National Convention in Washington, D.C. the National Constitution was amended to admit eligible females

● January, 1996 - Current National Headquarters established in Lancaster, PA

● August, 2010 - The award-winning Leadership in Action Certification program launched

● August, 2014 - Grand Chapter adopts a Gender Inclusive Resolution

● August, 2017 - Grand Chapter officially name Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership (HOBY) our National Philanthropy

If interested in learning more, contact:

Nick Sutton

Director of Expansion

717-984-6435

nsutton@phisigmapi.org