Ball State faculty take center stage in a series of performances

MUNCIE, Ind (NewsLink) — The faculty of the Ball State Music Department is taking the stage for the fifth year in a row in the Faculty Artist Series. This performance gives the professors a chance to show off their talents to the students and community. 

A variety of instruments such as wind, string and percussion instruments are used during the performances.  

What makes this show so special is that a wide group of the faculty are concert performers as well as professors.  

“The Faculty Artist Series really allows us to be able to showcase our faculties talents,” Patrick Stauffer, coordinator of music promotional services, said. 

The “String Show” took place Tuesday, being the first performance in the series. This is the first year for the string faculty showcase.  

It featured a variety of chamber music played by the string professors, several of which are relatively new this year.  

All performances are open to the public. Each show is about an hour long containing three works of music. If you missed the first performance, there are still seven in the series to come.  

For comments or concerns about this story, contact the author at jrnorton2@bsu.edu