‘Fast and Furious Presents: Hobbs and Shaw’ is a dumb, but entertaining joyride

by Anthony Herring The ‘Fast and the Furious’ franchise has had fuel in its tank since 2001, having seen the release of eight feature films. The series began rather simply, with the first film depicting Vin Diesel and Paul Walker at odds with one another over illegal drag races. This tradition continued for the next three films, before switching gears into a more action-heavy series with ‘Fast Five’ in 2011. This change has proven to be a beneficial one, as audiences had grown attracted to the ludicrous fare that this series has given them. Recent installments such as ‘Furious 7’ and ‘The Fate of the Furious’ have also grossed over a billion dollars worldwide. That leads us to this newest film: ‘Fast and Furious Presents: Hobbs and Shaw.’ This one acts as the ninth overall installment of the franchise, but as a spin-off, not a sequel to ‘The Fate of the Furious.’ ‘Hobbs and Shaw’ brings back franchise veterans Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Jason Statham as Luke Hobbs and Deckard Shaw, respectively. The duo finds themselves having to team up to prevent a virus from being unleashed upon the world. As per the typical ‘Fast and Furious’ film, there is exhilarating action, goofy one-liners, a dash of stupidity, and a working engine present.

It takes two (or three) to make a 2018 McLaren 720S Coupe go right

Image from IMDb

Mr. Elba, you were going well past the speed limit

Image from IMDb

Green means go

Image from IMDb

You get a car, and you get a car, and you get a car!

IMDb IMDb