Ball State CAP: INDY to move to new location

<p>Ball State's College of Architecture and Planning's (CAP) Indianapolis branch will be moving to a new location in August. The new Ball State CAP: INDY will be housed at the former campus of Angie's List at 25 North Pine Street on the Washington Street corridor. <strong>Marc Ransford, Photo Provided</strong></p>

Ball State's College of Architecture and Planning's (CAP) Indianapolis branch will be moving to a new location in August. The new Ball State CAP: INDY will be housed at the former campus of Angie's List at 25 North Pine Street on the Washington Street corridor. Marc Ransford, Photo Provided

Ball State's CAP: INDY Connector, the Indianapolis extension of the R. Wayne Estopinal College of Architecture and Planning (CAP), will be moving to a new location.

According to a Ball State press release, in August, CAP: INDY will move to the former campus of Angie's List at 25 North Pine Street on the Washington Street corridor.

In recent years, CAP: INDY has grown to require more space than Ball State's former Indianapolis Center at Meridian and Maryland streets and lately the Platform at City Market could offer, said Dave Ferguson, dean of CAP, in the press release. Ball State recently signed a one-year renewable lease for the new site.

“The Pine Street location offers the space, technology, and configuration Ball State CAP: INDY needs,” Ferguson said.

The press release states the new location will serve students in the master of architecture and master of urban design programs,  and will house the new Center for Civic Design, intended to expand on CAP's existing community engagement with the city of Indianapolis, its neighborhoods and beyond.

It states the new CAP: INDY will host meetings and events for professional partners such as The American Institute of Architects, Urban Land Institute, American Planning Association, and American Society of Landscape Architects.

In the future, CAP in partnership with other Ball State colleges may provide additional academic opportunities for students, the press release states.

Susana Rivera-Mills, provost and executive vice president for academic affairs, said in the press release, the move was "a reflection of our University’s commitment to the city of Indianapolis."

“Ball State University and Indianapolis mutually benefit," Rivera-Mills said. "Our students will receive an excellent education and serve their neighbors in an urban environment. Our partners in Indianapolis will have access to the expertise and resources of one of the most comprehensive and largest environmental design colleges in the country.

"I look forward to this next chapter for CAP: INDY and the innovation it will bring."