Muncie man arrested after meth, cocaine and heroin were seized in westside raid

Allie Lee McCroy, 33, of Muncie was arrested late Wednesday under several charges including possession of illegal drugs and firearms.

MUNCIE, Ind.(NewsLink) - A Muncie man was arrested Wednesday night after police raided his westside home due to accusations of drug dealing to agents for the Muncie Police Department’s narcotics division.

Allie Lee McCroy, 33, was arrested late Wednesday after MPD’s SWAT Team seized more than 37 grams of cocaine, 25 grams of meth, five grams of heroin and more than 62 grams of narcotic drugs and 1,100 grams of marijuana from his home in the 4500 block of West Garver Drive.

MPD also confiscated nine firearms, including a stolen AK-47 rifle, and “multiple sets of digital scales.”

McCroy reportedly admitted to investigators he had been selling narcotics and that he was aware he was prohibited from possessing a firearm as a convicted felon.

McCroy was preliminarily charged with dealing in cocaine, meth, heroin and marijuana and two counts of dealing in a controlled substance. Five of those charges are Level 2 felonies. He is also being charged with possession of a firearm by a felon, possession of a stolen firearm and maintaining a common nuisance.

He was later convicted of possession of cocaine, resisting law enforcement and possession of marijuana and is being held at the Delaware County jail under a $70,000 bond.

For any comments about this story, contact the author at emharless@bsu.edu.