Ball State announces new vice president for business affairs and treasurer

<p>Alan Finn was announced as Ball State's new vice president for business affairs and treasurer in a press release. Finn will serve in his new role effective August 15. <strong>Marc Ransford, Photo Provided</strong></p>

Alan Finn was announced as Ball State's new vice president for business affairs and treasurer in a press release. Finn will serve in his new role effective August 15. Marc Ransford, Photo Provided

Alan Finn will be Ball State's new vice president for business affairs and treasurer, according to a press release.

Finn is currently vice president for business and finance and treasurer at Lewis and Clark College in Portland, Oregon, where he has worked since 2015, the press release states. He has also served at Portland (Oregon) State University and the State University of New York, and has held various roles in the private sector.

He has worked with state budget models and incentive-based budget models, with legislators and board members, and has also supervised human resources in his previous roles, President Geoffrey Mearns said in the press release.

“Alan’s diverse experience has prepared him well for his new role at our University,” Mearns said. "Alan is experienced and engaging, and I believe he will fit in well with our current leadership at our University."

Speaking about Ball State’s strategic plan "Destination 2040: Our Flight Path," Finn said it resonated with him, the press release states.

“This is a very exciting and challenging time in higher education,” he said. “I believe institutions like Ball State — ones that know who they are, understand what their priorities are, and make informed decisions — will ‘Fly.’ This is clearly a dynamic time at Ball State, and I am thrilled to join its leadership team."

Finn said everyone he met at Ball State "has been warm, welcoming and friendly" and he looked forward to "getting to know the community."

Mearns said he is grateful to Bernard Hannon, Ball State’s retiring vice president for business affairs and treasurer, for his many years of service to the University.

Finn will serve in his new role effective August 15, Mearns said in the press release.