Ball State appoints new dean for College of Architecture and Planning

<p>David Ferguson, interim dean of the College of Architecture and Planning (CAP), was appointed to continue in his position but as dean of the CAP. Ferguson will take on the new title July 1. <strong>Marc Ransford, Photo Provided</strong></p>

David Ferguson, interim dean of the College of Architecture and Planning (CAP), was appointed to continue in his position but as dean of the CAP. Ferguson will take on the new title July 1. Marc Ransford, Photo Provided

Interim Dean of the College of Architecture and Planning (CAP) Dave Ferguson will continue in his position with a new title. Ferguson will continue as the dean of the CAP, according to a press release from the Office of the Provost.

Ferguson joined the Department of Landscape Architecture faculty in 1988. He worked with Dean Emeritus Philip Repp to grow connections with CAP alumni across the nation, according to Ball State's website.

“Dave’s passion for the college and our university is in his DNA,” said Provost and Executive Vice President for Student Affairs Susana Rivera-Mills in the press release. “I know he will hit the ground running to engage alumni, faculty, staff and students.”

Ferguson, a Ball State alumnus, is delighted to be a part of great leadership team and believes the university and the CAP program have an exciting future, according to the press release.

“CAP’s leadership in sustainability, technological innovation, and societal relevance will shape our world,” Ferguson said.

Ferguson will take on the new title July 1.