Bevi Bistro closes in The Village

Chef-driven, farm-to-table food is what Bevi Bistro will bring to the Muncie and Ball State communities with their newest location opening in the Village. The new restaurant turned bar opened Oct. 10, 2018, and is located at 1529 W. University Ave.

The original location in Granger, IN opened in November 2017, and serves a variety of local dishes and cocktails. The new location in Muncie plans to offer similar dishes along with the holding of a three-way liquor license. Items include cauliflower torta, poutine tater tots and sweet potato gnocchi. Drink options include custom cocktails and “over the top milkshakes” adorned in buttercream, sprinkles, miniature donuts and more.

Muncie’s newest eatery will be open Monday through Wednesday 4 p.m. to 1 a.m. and Thursday through Saturday 4 p.m. to 3 a.m., and will be closed on Sundays.

Editor’s note: NLI reporter Emerson Lehmann is a former employee of Bevi Bistro

Bevi Bistro, the newest addition to Ball State’s village, has closed just shy of six months after opening.

The restaurant, which opened in October, focused on bringing ‘Farm to Table’ meals as well as signature drinks, but struggled to compete with established businesses in the village.

Employees were notified on Friday, while management made customer’s aware Saturday evening that Sunday, April 14th would be the restaurant’s last day of operation. The establishment will honor private parties that were scheduled prior to the announcement.

NewsLink Indiana reached out to Bevi Bistro management for a comment, but have yet to hear back.