Dunkin' chain opening near Ball State

<p>Dunkin' is coming to Muncie with with a restaurant set to be located at 418 S. Tillotson Ave. The building was sold to The Hari Group Feb. 15 which specializes in franchising, investing and real estate, and also owns other Dunkin’ franchises around Indiana. <strong>Wikimedia Commons, Photo Courtesy</strong></p>

Dunkin' is coming to Muncie with with a restaurant set to be located at 418 S. Tillotson Ave. The building was sold to The Hari Group Feb. 15 which specializes in franchising, investing and real estate, and also owns other Dunkin’ franchises around Indiana. Wikimedia Commons, Photo Courtesy

Not enough breakfast foods in your life? Doughnut worry.

A Dunkin’ is coming to Muncie. 

The building at 418 S. Tillotson Ave. is set to become a Dunkin’ (Dunkin’ Donuts rebranded in September, shortening its name).

Rebranded in September from Dunkin’ Donuts to Dunkin’, the business will be moving into a building on 418 S. Tillotson Ave., which was formerly a Burger King. 

The building was sold to The Hari Group on Feb. 15 which is a group that specializes in franchising, investing and real estate, and also owns other Dunkin’ franchises around Indiana. 

Co-owner Raj Patel said Muncie was a good market for Dunkin’ because he felt Ball State would allow heavy traffic to the restaurant.

“We looked at a couple of different spots,” he said. “The reason we went with that location was because of the proximity to Ball State. You’ve got the professors, you know, the commuters going in and out, and then on top of that you’ve got the student population.” 

The vacant structure will begin the remodeling process in approximately 30-60 days. Patel said his goal is to have it open for business by the 2019-20 school year. 

The remodeled building will have a large lobby area for students to study, Patel said. It will also be less than two blocks away from a Starbucks and nearby a Jack’s Donuts. 

Patel said he felt being close to other coffee shops would help business because it would bring people to the area. 

The nearest Dunkin’ establishment currently is in Fishers, Indiana, which is about a 50 minute drive from Muncie.

Some students had mixed reactions to the incoming Dunkin’. 

Senior fashion merchandising major Katelyn Mooney has eaten Dunkin’s doughnuts before, but hasn’t tried its drinks because she doesn’t like coffee. 

“I’m not the biggest coffee person and so I don’t know if [Dunkin’s drinks] are more like Starbucks with like frappuccinos or if they’re just like regular coffee, so I haven’t tried them,” she said. 

Mooney also said she thought the Dunkin’ will provide more variety to the coffee places around Muncie.

“Not everybody likes Starbucks,” she said. 

Junior secondary education major Peyton Sturgill said he hasn’t had Dunkin’ because his hometown, Peru, Indiana, doesn’t have one. 

“I’m a big doughnut person –– I love doughnuts,” he said. “I’ll absolutely try [Dunkin’]. I’ve never tried it before so why not?” 

Once the Dunkin’ is closer to opening, Patel said he plans on attending Ball State’s career fairs and begin hiring workers. 

Contact Hannah Gunnell with comments hrgunnell@bsu.edu or on Twitter @hagunnellNEWS.