Cloudy weekend, active weather next week

Photo Provided by NewsLink Indiana Weather Team

Tonight: Overnight, we expect overcast skies to hang over the area. With temperatures expected in the mid-20s, it will feel cold, so make sure to bundle up.

This Weekend: On Saturday, for those going to the science fair in Muncie, it will be nicer than it was for the past couple of days. With a high in the low-30s and sunny skies expected for the day, it will be nice enough to enjoy a walk through the area.

Sunday will be different from Saturday, as a low-pressure system will bring snow and rain showers into the area, particularly around the morning and afternoon hours. Combined with highs in the upper-20s, this could make driving a hassle, so make sure to stay safe while driving.

7-Day: While Sunday will involve snow and rain showers, Monday and Tuesday will be drier. However, mostly cloudy skies and highs in the low-30s will mean that those days will be dull. Wednesday will involve another system coming through, potentially bringing more snow showers. Finally, Thursday and Friday will see a break from the low temperatures, with highs in the upper-30s expected on both days. In short, we will have some active weather over the next few days.

Follow us on Twitter @NLIWeather for breaking weather updates.

NewsLink Indiana is a proud Ambassador for the NOAA Weather-Ready Nation program. 

For more information about the Weather-Ready Nation program please click HERE