10 games to keep you from feeling lonely this Valentine's Day

by Emily Reuben  Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching and time is running out to get a date, to buy some flowers, and to express your undying love to another human being. The stress of finding a perfect gift and a person to give it to can be overwhelming. But hey, the stress is better than ending up lonely on Valentine’s Day...right? What if I were to tell you that you can eat those fancy candies yourself and keep that adorable teddy bear while still having a relationship? The video game industry has you covered, friend. Marriage and dating are factors in many role-playing games, and with the amount of dating simulators on the market, finding a suitable digital romance is a breeze. Let’s be honest, what’s the point of a physical relationship when you can have a virtual one with little-to-no commitment? Chocolate is expensive and once you spend the money and eat it, it’s gone, but games can last a lifetime. So, are you lonely? Do you want a quick and easy relationship with no consequences or expectations? Do you want to play some video games instead of reserving a seat at some overrated, crowded eatery on Valentine’s Day? Then sit down and scroll through, because this is the list for you!

1. Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons

Image from Natsume
Harvest Moon Harvest Moon Harvest Moon Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life/Another Wonderful Life
Magical Melody Friends of Mineral Town/More Friends of Mineral Town Animal Parade Harvest Moon universally regarded as terrible Harvest Moon Harvest Moon Natsume owned the right to the Harvest Moon name Harvest Moon Harvest Moon Story of Seasons Harvest Moon Story of Seasons Story of Seasons Harvest Moon Harvest Moon Story of Seasons Harvest Moon

2. Stardew Valley

Image from Steam
Harvest Moon Stardew Valley Harvest Moon Harvest Moon Stardew Valley Harvest Moon Harvest Moon Stardew Valley, Stardew Valley 

3. Skyrim

Image from IGN
Skyrim Skyrim Skyrim Skyrim the list of available partners Skyrim

3. The Sims

Image from EA
The Sims The Sims The Sims Twilight The Sims 4

4. Emily is Away

Image from Steam
Emily is Away Emily is Away Emily is Away Too!

5. Clannad

Image from Steam
Clannad Clannad Clannad

6. Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator

Image from Vox
Dream Daddy might be right for you pabster on Tumblr Dream Daddy 

7. Uma no Prince Sama

Image from Crunchyroll
Uma no Prince Sama (My Horse Prince) 

8. Hatoful Boyfriend

Image from Steam
birds aren't real this Hatoful Boyfriend Hatoful Boyfriend

9. Creature to Koishi yo! ~Koko no e Kokoro~

Image from Netlab
~Koko no e Kokoro~ (Creature Romances: ~Here Are Our Hearts~) Nostalgia "sex appeal, a kissing scene, and bathing suit scenes." ~Koko no e Kokoro~! 

10. Creature-to Koi Shiyo! for Otome

Image from Netlab
Creature-to Koi Shiyo! for Otome (Creature Romances: ~for the Ladies~)  Creature-to Koi Shiyo! for Otome Creature to Koishi yo! ~Koko no e Kokoro~
Featured image: Sources: Netlab Steam IGN Crunchyroll Vox EA Birds Aren't Real YouTube Tumblr Emily Is Away Metacritic Images: Netlab Steam IGN Crunchyroll Vox EA