Snow showers end tonight; more snow possible Thursday

Photo Provided by the NewsLink Indiana Weather Team

Tonight: The cloudy skies and isolated snow showers we experienced throughout the day today will linger into the overnight. We are not expecting any travel problems in the morning from these snow showers. Chance of snow is 30%. Low temperatures will drop to around 27°.

Tomorrow: Snow showers will eventually come to an end through the morning hours. Through the day tomorrow, more cloud cover is expected, although a few peeks of sunshine are possible late in the day. High temperatures will top out around 34°.

7-Day Forecast: Thursday features our best chance of precipitation over the next seven days. A band of snow is expected to develop and pass through the area in the afternoon. This is in association with a weak cold front. With a limited amount of moisture present, little snow accumulation is expected. Sunshine returns on Friday as high pressure settles in off to our northwest. However, clouds return toward the later part of the weekend when a wintry system passes off to our south. It is possible we could see some snow from this system, but at this time we are not expecting the snow to reach this far north. Expect clouds and seasonably cold temperatures to end the weekend. As the system exits, the sun will slowly reemerge Monday into Tuesday. Stay tuned for updates on our Twitter account on any snow chances this weekend.

---Weather Forecaster Nathan Gidley

Follow us on Twitter @NLIWeather for breaking weather updates.

NewsLink Indiana is a proud Ambassador for the NOAA Weather-Ready Nation program. 

For more information about the Weather-Ready Nation program please click HERE