Dr. Michael Eric Dyson to speak at Ball State

<p>Dr. Michael Eric Dyson speaking for Center for American Progress June 22, 2010. Dyson has written and edited more than 20 non-fiction books on race relations and popular culture and has spoken on several media outlets and stages. <strong>Center for American Progress, Photo Courtesy</strong></p>

Dr. Michael Eric Dyson speaking for Center for American Progress June 22, 2010. Dyson has written and edited more than 20 non-fiction books on race relations and popular culture and has spoken on several media outlets and stages. Center for American Progress, Photo Courtesy

Dr. Michael Eric Dyson will be speaking at Ball State on Jan. 22 in Pruis Hall according to the university’s calendar of events. 

He will be presenting for the MLK Speaker Series his presentation of “Dr. King for the 21st Century.”

Dyson is a sociology professor at Georgetown University with a doctorate in religion from Princeton University.

He has written and edited more than 20 non-fiction books on subjects such as race relations and music and has won the NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Literary Work in non-fiction twice. 

According to his website, he is a a New York Times contributing opinion writer and a contributing editor of The New Republic.

Dyson has spoke on several media outlets including National Public Radio, MSNBC, Fox News, CNN and “Real Time with Bill Maher.”