Police are currently searching for a man involved in a shooting incident

<p>The Muncie Police Department and Delaware County Sherrif's Department search Oakville, Indiana, for Daniel Len Montero, who was involved in a shots fired incident. The hunt is currently underway as police search Muncie and surround areas for Montero. <strong>Mary Eber, Daily News&nbsp;</strong></p>

The Muncie Police Department and Delaware County Sherrif's Department search Oakville, Indiana, for Daniel Len Montero, who was involved in a shots fired incident. The hunt is currently underway as police search Muncie and surround areas for Montero. Mary Eber, Daily News 

The Delaware County Sheriff’s Department and the Muncie Police Department (MPD) are searching for a man involved in a shots fired incident last night.

Police arrested Daniel Len Montero, age 33, early Saturday morning. Muncie Police Department, Photo Provided

Daniel Len Montero, 33, is the man police are looking for. He was first sighted when an officer working security at the Horizon Convention Center spotted a vehicle in an alley, thought it was a possible break in and approached to investigate.

Montero took off in a vehicle, which a MPD officer tried to stop the vehicle, but a few blocks later a female jumped out and the vehicle drove away at high speed. 

While driving, Montero shot at the officer and later fled on foot. Ammunition, an empty gun holster and a shot gun were found in the vehicle, according to MPD.

Police arrested two people Friday morning, including Montero’s brother, who was later released because there was not enough evidence against him. 

Later that morning, while patrolling the Northeast side of Muncie for Montero, Police saw a vehicle leaving a location they believed Montero could possibly be. Another chase began with that vehicle, according to MPD.

Officers pursued the vehicle through downtown Muncie, Yorktown and into Madison county on Interstate 69. It ended in Oakville, just south of Muncie.

Anyone with information on Montero’s whereabouts is asked to call police dispatchers at 765-747-4838.

This story will be updated. 

Contact Mary Eber with comments at mmeber@bsu.edu.