Bevi Bistro opens in The Village

<p>Interior of the Bevi Bistro restaurant in The Village Wednesday, Sept. 5, 2018. The business opens Thursday and will offer food with locally sourced ingredients as well as alcoholic beverages. <strong>Spenser R. Smith, DN</strong></p>

Interior of the Bevi Bistro restaurant in The Village Wednesday, Sept. 5, 2018. The business opens Thursday and will offer food with locally sourced ingredients as well as alcoholic beverages. Spenser R. Smith, DN

The Village near Ball State’s campus is growing, but this time, it’s getting a more upscale addition.

Bevi Bistro, which is owned by previous Barn Brasserie owner Ed Tribble, will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner and have a variety of beers on tap. 

Tribble has another Bevi Bistro in Granger, Indiana, and decided to open this one after his son, a student and cheerleader at Ball State, showed him the empty space in The Village. 

The restaurant will feature healthy, tasty meals in an “upscale, casual night club” environment, said general manager Daniel Tasson.

“It’s the kind of place where if you’re a college kid, you’re going to want to go on date night,” Tasson said. “It’s going to be the kind of place where you go out, you dress up and you have some martinis.”

Spearheaded by executive chef Matthew Burns, Bevi Bistro will offer locally sourced “farm-to-table” food options with vegan and vegetarian choices. It also will offer eight regional draft beer and some speciality drinks. 

“I’m looking forward to providing the best food that you can get at a restaurant anywhere in Muncie,” Tasson said. “To be able to give tasty food that is also good for you, in general, to be able to provide that to the Ball State community and the Muncie community, that’s something I’m really looking forward to.”

The restaurant, which is set to have its grand opening Thursday, will be open from 4-10 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 4 p.m. to 2 a.m. or later depending on business Friday and Saturday. It will be closed on Sundays.

After 10 p.m. on weekends the dining area will be cleared out and converted into a dance floor, and various drink specials will be offered throughout the week. 

Brynn Mechem contributed to this story.

Contact Dacey Geller with comments at dlgeller@bsu.edu or on Twitter @DaceyGeller.